This course is available as:
Ofsted have told schools they must be “bold and ambitious” in providing opportunities for personal development in students. Our fun and practical after-school club will develop your students’ presentation skills and confidence in communicating to prepare them for the next stage of education or life.
How does it work?
We train a teacher from your school in how to run an after-school public club for students. We provide PowerPoint materials, videos and speaking exercises for one-year's worth of club sessions. You could offer this club for free to your pupils, or charge parents a termly fee to generate ongoing funding for your school.
The club is suitable for pupils of all ages as we adapt the material and speaking exercises accordingly.
Pupils who join the club will:
• Develop strong presentation skills as they practise speaking in front of each other
• Build their social confidence
• Hone their literacy skills and vocabulary to become more articulate
• Become more emotionally resilient as they provide feedback to each other
• Learn how to debate, present, negotiate and build rapport with others
• Produce a presentation which they can present to their class or in an assembly
Students who attend this club report that they:
• Feel more confident with public speaking
• Feel more socially confident and resilient