This course is available as:
Difficult conversations at work are often avoided. Many people choose to struggle on with the current situation rather than confronting their fears in a challenging meeting, which often results in bigger problems further down the line.
Those who find the courage to have a difficult conversation will discover that this is the key to unlocking progress, opening the door to honest communication and building mutual respect.
In this course, your team members will develop their confidence in having difficult conversations that empower them to move forward. They will learn how to communicate their messages fairly, clearly and with empathy in order to get positive results.
• Changing your mindset – seeing the conversation as an opportunity for growth
• Understanding the other person’s perspective and how different people respond to difficult conversations
• Being very clear on your message
• Strategies for giving effective feedback – language and tone
• Tips on making difficult requests
• Gaining support for your position
• How to navigate difficult conversation on a video call versus face-to-face
• Agreeing positive future action
Team members who attend this training report that they are:
• More comfortable broaching difficult topics with colleagues
• More comfortable giving critical feedback
• Better able to handle difficult conversations with clients